Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 3 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (plus extra for greasing muffin tin)
- 1/2 cup raw honey, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, whisked
- 6 Tbsp. almond butter
- 2 oz. 100% cacao unsweetened baking bar, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey
- Mini Muffin Tin
- Large mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Hand mixer
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Oven mitts
- Small heat-safe bowl
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour and sea salt in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add the coconut oil, honey and vanilla and blend with a hand mixture on medium speed until combined. Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Place about 1 Tbsp. of batter into each muffin cup (about 3/4 of the way full) and press down lightly with your fingers to shape it into the cup. Bake 8-11 minutes (they will be slightly underdone in the center).
- Remove from oven and push an indent into each with you thumb or the tip of a spoon (they will be slightly hot). Place a rounded 1/2 tsp. of almond butter into each indent. Allow the muffookies to cool slightly while you make your chocolate glaze.
- To make the glaze, microwave the raw honey and coconut oil in a heat safe bowl for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until just melted. Add the chocolate and stir. The chocolate should begin to melt from the heat of the honey and oil mixture. If it does not fully melt, you can put it back in the microwave on 50% setting and heat for another 15 second at a time until fully melted, stirring each time. Be careful not to leave the chocolate in the microwave too long or it will scorch.
- Remove the muffookies from the pan (they will still be warm). You can run a knife around the edge to help get them out if they are stuck. Place on a plate and top each one with about 1 tsp. of the chocolate glaze. Allow to sit for about 3 minutes and then serve.
This delightful little number was found at www.paleocupboard.com! Check them out for more great paleo ideas!