Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 75 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
Author: My Natural Family
Recipe type: Clean Eating
- ¼ C. Unmodified Potato Starch or Tapioca Starch or (Corn Starch if you don't eat Paleo)
- 1 T. Coarse Real Salt
- 1 t. Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 Chicken thighs, bone-in, skin removed
- 3 T. Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced thinly
- ¾ C. Sliced Sun-dried Tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 1 t. Italian Seasoning (oregano, thyme, parsley)
- Large Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Can (13.5 oz.) Coconut Milk
- 1 C. Chicken Stock or Broth
- Basil, shredded, to top
- Mix together the potato or tapioca starch, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Toss the chicken thighs in the mixture until fully coated.
- Heat 2 T. of the Olive Oil in a large oven-proof frying pan or ceramic coated dutch oven. Add the chicken, four pieces at a time, and brown on each side. When the chicken is all browned, remove it and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 T. of oil to the pan and heat to medium/high. Add the sliced onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and red pepper and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce, scooping the onions and tomatoes over the top of the chicken. Try to fit the chicken in a single layer, if possible.
- Cover pan with a lid(make sure it is oven safe) and place it in the oven. Cook for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. After 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 300 and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded basil just before serving.
We found this delicious recipe at www.mynaturalfamily.com! Check them out for more great recipes!