YIELD: about 40 bites
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean, peels on
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup granted 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 tablespoons non-fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 ounces bacon (about 4 slices)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Place rack in upper and lower thirds of your oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil, then brush with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil each. Slice potatoes into 1/2 to 1/4 inch cross-sections (use a mandolin if you have one.) Arrange slices in a single layer on the oiled baking sheets, then brush tops with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown underneath, rotating the pans 180 degrees and changing their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through. Flip, then roast for an additional 8 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheddar, then return to oven and bake for an additional 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and smoked paprika. Mash lightly with a fork, but still leave the mixture slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, then remove from pan and set between two paper towels set atop a dinner plate. Blot away excess grease and, when cool enough to handle, chop into small pieces.
- Once the crisps have baked, top each with a dollop of the avocado mixture, chopped bacon, and cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This fabulous recipe was found at www.wellplated.com. For more amazing recipes check them out!