PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 25 mins
Simple Paleo Blueberry Muffins made with almond flour and almond butter, sweetened with pure maple syrup. They're healthy, easy, grain free, gluten free, dairy free and Paleo!
Recipe type: Breakfast/Snack
Serves: 12 muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy almond butter, unsweetened, stirred
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup*
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners (I used these) for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 3 eggs with the almond butter until smooth, then whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Stir this mixture into the egg mixture until you have a fully combined batter, then stir in the blueberries.
- After the blueberries are stirred in, spoon or pour the batter into the lined muffin pan to fill each cup about ¾ full to make 12 muffins
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!
*You can easily adjust the sweetness to preference by adding or subtracting a little bit of the maple syrup
This amazing recipe is from www.paleorunningmomma.com! Check them out for more amazing recipes!