- Makes 8 muffins.
- Serving Size is 2 muffins.
- Recipe makes 4 servings.
- Approximate Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 small apple(s), cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 5 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 4 tablespoon(s) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- paper muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Put the apples in a saucepan with the lemon juice and cover. Add enough water to cover half. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until apples are broken down. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Leave in the blender and let cool for 5 minutes.
- When the apples are warm, add the remaining ingredients to the blender and puree on low until you have a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin tin, filling each tin about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until muffins are well browned and tops are firm. Cool before removing from pan.
This recipe was found at www.paleoplan.com! Check them out for more great recipes!