Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Author: My Natural Family
Recipe type: Salad
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 Limes, juiced
- ⅔ C. Cilantro
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 2 T. Honey
- ½ C. Light Olive Oil (do not use extra virgin)
- 2 T. White Vinegar
- 1 t. Real Salt
FOR THE MARINADE:
- ½ C. Cilantro
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 2 t. Coarse Real Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 t. Cumin
- 1 t. Chili Powder
- ¼ C. Olive Oil
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper, seeds removed, cut into strips
- 2-3 heads Romaine Hearts, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- ¾ C. Cherry tomatoes, halved
MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend together
- until the garlic is well chopped and ingredients have emulsified.
- Refrigerate dressing.
MAKE THE MARINADE:
- Using the same blender or processor that the vinaigrette was made in(you
- don't need to wash it out), place all ingredients for the marinade inside
- and puree until garlic is finely chopped. Pour ½ of the marinade into a
- bowl or Ziploc bag and add chicken to the marinade. Pour the other half of
- the marinade into another bag or bowl and add the sliced onion and peppers
- to it. Let marinate overnight or for several hours, if possible. You can
- also skip letting it marinade and use it immediately. It will still taste
- Prepare salad plates(or a large bowl) by placing lettuce, avocado sliced,
- and cherry tomatoes on each plate(or all together in a bowl.
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok to high. Add the vegetables(do not add the
- marinade) to the hot pan and cook quickly, tossing with tongs or a spatula
- until the veggies are still crisp, but golden brown in spots. Remove from
- pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan on high heat, add the chicken and marinade to the pan and
- cook for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and slightly
- caramelized. Toss with the vegetables.
- Top salads with the hot chicken and vegetables. Drizzle with the cilantro
- lime vinaigrette.
This delicious recipe is from www.mynaturalfamily.com! Check them out for more great recipes!