Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
For the Muffins:
- 1.5 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Eggs
- approx 1 cup Coconut Milk (or other dairy-free milk)
For the Toppings
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 3 tbs Coconut Oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place muffin liners in a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix together the dry ingredients for the muffins.
- Crack the 2 eggs into a measuring cup, whisk with a fork, and then fill up to the 1.25 mark on the measuring cup with your choice of dairy-free milk.
- Add the 2 tbs of coconut oil and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix JUST until everything is wet.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the topping.
- Add half of the topping ingredients into the muffin mix and fold in gently. It can be kind of swirly, no need for it to be entirely mixed.
- Scoop into prepared liners, filling about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the remaining topping on the muffins.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes. A toothpick in the center should come out mainly dry, but you might get some of the gooey center so try to check it slightly off-center.
This recipe was found at thrivingonpaleo.com. Check them out for more great recipes.