Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 55 mins
- 2 pound beef (I used sirloin steak), cut into thin strips against the grain
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- pinch of salt
- pinch of garlic powder
- ⅓ cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- whole jar of coconut oil or lard or duck fat
- 1 batch of orange glaze
- 1-2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- green onions, to garnish
- white and black sesame seeds, to garnish
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on top and coat or spray with oil.
- Place beef in a bowl with coconut aminos, salt and garlic powder. Toss to coat completely. Add tapioca flour to another bowl then add beef, completely coat in the tapioca flour, then use tongs to tap each piece of beef off of excess tapioca and place on the wire rack. Repeat with all meat then place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- While beef freezer, make the orange glaze then set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add ghee along with peppers and a bit of salt. Toss until soft and cooked through. Set aside.
- Lastly, place a dutch oven or deep pot over medium heat. Add coconut oil (or lard or duck fat) to the pot to create about 3 inches deep worth of fat. Heat fat until 375 degrees. Once hot, add 5-6 pieces of beef at a time, making sure to not crowd the pan because that will drop the temperature and the meat will not cook correctly. Let beef cook for 2-3 minutes then remove and place on a paper lined plate to remove excess oil. Repeat until all meat is cooked through.
- Lastly, place orange glaze back over heat. Once mixture becomes warm, add peppers and beef to toss and heat through for about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with green onions and black and white sesame seeds. Eat up!
This tasty recipe was found at paleomg.com. Check them out for more great recipes!