- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sweetener (I used Norbu monk fruit sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- Scant 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter (vegan or regular), melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 2 large lemons - approx. 2 Tablespoons, lightly packed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 8.5" loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, granulated sweetener, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, honey, applesauce, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine. Then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown, then tent with foil and bake for another 30-35 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- If you'd like to glaze it, there are two options: for a traditional frosting or glaze, whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar and 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice until it reaches your desired consistency. For a paleo-friendly frosting/glaze, pulse 1/2 cup stevia (or Norbu or Natvia) and 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour in a food processor until fine, then add 6-8 Tablespoons of lemon juice and process until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Yield: one 9" loaf cake
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer (unfrosted) for up to 3 months.
This delicious recipe was found at acleanbake.com! Check them out for more great recipes!