- 2 peaches
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and slice an X into the bottoms of the peaches. Boil 30-60 seconds until you start to see the flesh peeling away at the X's. Remove and rinse with cold water. Peel the peaches and cut into segments.
- Place the peaches in a medium size pot with the water and coconut sugar *(I use 1 tablespoon but this may not be sweet enough for some. To have it taste more decadent use 2 tablespoons) Place the pot over medium heat and stir gently until it starts to bubble. Allow the sugar water to turn syrupy and thick.
- Place the peach mixture into a un-greased 5 1/2 inch skillet or small baking dish. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl combine the almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, melted butter, coconut milk, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon coconut sugar. Mix until smooth and place three dollops of batter on the peaches.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the pastry comes out clean. Serve with coconut vanilla ice cream!
The delightful recipe was from wickedspatula.com. Check them out for more great recipes!