Paleo Sloppy Joes From Scratch
- Paleo Hamburger Buns
- Paleo BBQ Sauce
- 1 green pepper, blended
- 1 onion, blended
- 2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 lb. Bacon without preservatives, such as Applegate Farms
- Cook the ground beef on the stovetop
- Cook the bacon with your preferred method. My favorite method is to cut it in pieces and bake it, turning every 10 minutes or so
- Put all the ingredients for the Paleo BBQ sauce in a crock pot while it ground beef is cooking
- Dump the ground beef and bacon in the crock pot
- Heat up the ingredients for an hour or longer on low (or you can eat in a pan on the stovetop. The crock pot just make it a little more tender)
- Pile it on the hamburger buns
Paleo BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 16 oz tomato sauce (2 cups)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 Tbl. raw, local honey
- 1 Tbl. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- ½ Tbl. ground mustard
- 1 Tbl. The Zip by The Spice Hunter
- ½ Tbl. Mesquite Seasoning by The Spice Hunter
- ½ Tbl. Chef's Blend by The Spice Hunter
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat and stir to combine. Taste and adjust any seasonings to your liking. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- Pour over your favorite meat.
- If you want to use it for Paleo Sloppy Joes, add it with the meat for the simmering step.
Original Recipe Found At: http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/recipes/paleo-recipes/paleo-sloppy-joes-scratch/