- 1 teaspoon garlic oil or 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small red onion – diced
- 2 strips bacon
- 3 capfuls white wine – chardonnay
- 3/4 – 1 cup coconut cream or milk
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- Cabbage – about 1/4 large or 1/2 small cabbage - shredded
- Place the cabbage in a steamer and steam for 5-10 minutes while you cook the chicken. Remember to keep an eye on it. Cook it to your desired consistency. I like it a little bit crispy but you may prefer it soft.
- Heat garlic oil in a pan over a medium heat, add onion and saute until browning.
- Add bacon and continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir in, then allow to cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir it and let cook for another minute or so.
- Give it a bit of a stir, then add 3 capfuls of white wine into the pan, and a generous amount of pepper and a pinch of salt, then stir it into the mixture.
- Now add the coconut cream, let it simmer for 1-2 minutes then turn the heat off.
- Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes while you prepare plates and tidy up.
- Beat the egg in a bowl, then just before you’re ready to serve, turn the heat on low under the pan, stir in the egg, then turn off the heat again. You don’t want the egg to scramble in the sauce but just thicken it. So be careful not to boil it or heat it too much.
- Using tongs, place cabbage pasta alternative into 2 bowls, then spoon the mixture on top for a delightful and tasty dish.
Net Carb Count*: 7.15 g net carbs (per serving - serves 4)
Total Carb Count: 9.45 g total carbs (per serving - serves 4)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Find the original recipe at: http://holisticallyengineered.com/2013/09/chicken-carbonara.html